Hi ! I am Jasmijn Muller, aka ‘Duracell Bunny on a bike’. This nickname was given to me for my ability to just keep going; not a bad quality for an endurance cyclist. I am the owner of BE THE EGG Cycle Coaching and, if you give me the opportunity, the coach who will go the extra mile for you and help you take your cycling performance to the next level.
To help other cyclists DREAM BIG, SET GOALS and TAKE ACTION to get FITTER, to go FASTER and wonder FARTHER.
- Level 3 ABCC Coach (Association of British Cycling Coaching)
- Women Are Not Small Men course with Dr. Stacy Sims – 1 of just 50 lucky people in the world to be on her inaugural course !
- DNAFit Certified Trainer – which enables me to optimise your training and nutrition to your genetic potential
- TRX Suspension Trainer
- Level 2 Gym Instructor and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (completion Feb/March 2020)
- TrainingPeaks University and TrainingPeaks, Science of Endurance Hydration Certificate (Precision Hydration)
- British Cycling Level 1 & 2 Ride Leader
- Emergency First Aid for Cyclists course, First Aid for Life
- NSPCC Learning Child Protection in Sport CPD Certification
- Motivations and factors affecting motivation, Open University
- Exploring the psychological aspects of sport injury, Open University
- Learning from sport burnout and overtraining, Open University
- Recovery strategies in sport and exercise, Open University
These experiences have also brought me strong multicultural awareness and permitted me to perfect my language skills – I coach in English, Dutch, German and French. Importantly, I am highly adapt at fine-tuning training to different needs, styles and schedules.
ACHIEVEMENTS & GOALS
- Road Races (up to Cat 2)
- Time Trials: Best British All-Rounder (2014), UK 12hr & UK24 hr champion (2015 and 2017), World 24 hr TT champion (2017) and various wins over shorter distances
- 24-Hour Races: solo wins at Le Mans24, Zandvoort24 and Revolve24
- Unsupported ultra cycling races: 1000 km BikingMan Oman female winner and top 10 overall (2019)
- Mountain Biking XC races: a more recent endeavour; gaining skills and having fun but a long way from threatening for any podium places !
Other achievements include a Super Randonneur series during each of the last 5 years (200, 300, 400 and 600km brevets), London-Edinburgh-London (1400km, first female finisher) and Paris-Brest-Paris (1200km, 59 hours).
In a moment of madness I also spent 70 hours on a turbo trainer, breaking the Zwift distance record (2017). The man I took the record from has since claimed it back by riding for 6 days straight in 2018. At the end of 2019 another male cyclist extended it to a whopping 10 days! I don’t think I want to torture my neighbours for that long …
In 2019, I was listed as one of Cycling UK’s 100 Women in Cycling for being one of the world’s foremost endurance cyclists and being an inspirational woman who encourages others to cycle.